Boom Mobile has issued several plan updates over the past few months. Back in December, PINK plans were added. Boom Mobile uses the designation PINK to describe plans that operate on the T-Mobile network. Last month, a new free trial plan was introduced as was a new annual plan.
This month, Boom Mobile has updated and improved its plans yet again. Just a few months after introducing the PINK plans, they have been updated to include significantly more data. Boom's BLUE network plans have also been updated. The designation of BLUE is used to signify plans that operate on AT&T's network.
Boom Mobile's PINK Plan Updates
Boom Mobile's new and updated PINK plan options include the following:
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from Verizon and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the Verizon weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Unlimited Talk & Text Plans
- $14.99/month - unlimited talk and text, previously $19.99
- $19/month - unlimited data with 1GB at high-speed, previously $21 and data hard-capped
- $29/month NEW PLAN - unlimited data, first 5GB at high-speed
- $39/month - unlimited data with the first 15GB at high-speed. Replaces plan with 7GB of hard-capped data priced at $39.99
- $49/month - unlimited data, first 30GB at high-speed. Replaces plan with 10GB of hard-capped data.
- $180 annual plan NEW PLAN - includes unlimited talk, text, and data with the first 3GB each month at high-speed. Average cost just $15/month.
- $45 3 month plan NEW PLAN - includes unlimited talk, text, and data with the first 3GB each month at high-speed. Average cost just $15/month.
All PINK plans include HD Voice (VoLTE) calling, WiFi calling, and visual voicemail. The features will work on both iPhones and Androids. Boom Mobile also charges a $2.99/month regulatory recovery fee in addition to the prices shown. All other taxes and fees are included in the price.
Boom Mobile Blue Plan Updates
Boom Mobile's BLUE network plans have been updated. One plan has improved pricing and there is now a new annual plan.
- Unlimited LTE data plan is now $59/month, previously priced at $67.98/month.
- NEW annual plan priced at $499, includes unlimited LTE data. Average cost is $41.58/month.
Fees cost extra. Boom charges a $2.99/month regulatory recovery fee on the monthly plan. For the annual plan, there is a one-time regulatory recovery fee charge of $8.97.
Both plans also include unlimited talk and text. Also included with each plan is unlimited texting to over 190 countries, HD Voice and WiFi calling, domestic roaming, MMS, hotspot, support for eSIM and Visual Voicemail. Roaming usage may be restricted to 2G data speeds. The features are supported on both iPhones and Androids.
Subscribers also get free roaming while traveling in Mexico and Canada. There is a limit of 15GB of mobile hotspot allowed at high-speed before throttling to 128Kbps. Like all unlimited data plans there is a data prioritization policy in place. Customers that consume more than 22GB of data in a month may have their data speeds temporarily slowed during times of network congestion. Video streaming is limited to a resolution of 480p with Stream Saver turned on, but customers may be able to request to have Boom turn it off so that videos stream at a resolution of up to 1080p.
These are some nice updates from Boom Mobile. The PINK plans are now priced more in-line with offerings from Simple Mobile and Mint Mobile. Boom's new $180 annual plan and $45 3-month plan is a shot fired directly at Mint Mobile's base plan. They are priced the same and come with all the same features as Mint Mobile's. The $29 and $39 offerings are now priced the same as competing plans from Lycamobile and Simple Mobile.
Boom Mobile's BLUE plans seem to fall somewhere in between AT&T's prepaid and postpaid plans. The data prioritization policy is exactly the same as it is on AT&T Prepaid's most expensive unlimited plan that's priced at $75/month (available for a limited time at $55/month with autopay billing.) However, it comes with an AT&T postpaid feature, domestic roaming. Boom's BLUE plans may be a good alternative for customers looking to save some money compared to AT&T.