Ultra Mobile has been selling multi-month plans for quite some time. The T-Mobile network powered provider had sold the plans exclusively in-store through its dealer channels and also made them available through its subscriber's account dashboard. The plans were not available for new customers to purchase directly through the Ultra Mobile website.
Today, that changed.
Ultra Mobile has released a new website and has made the plans available for purchase to anyone that visits that website. The multi-month plans are basically repackaged versions of the single month plans. They are priced the same as the single month plans but do come with bonus features such as extra data and more international calling.
Ultra Mobile's Multi-Month Plans Explained
Ultra Mobile's multi-month plans include 3 months of wireless service.
The following multi-month plan options are available with the features that make them different than their single month counterparts highlighted.
All plans include unlimited talk, text, international talk and text to over 80 countries, and data with the specified amount of data at 4G LTE data speeds.
- $19/month ($57 due upfront) - $1.50 call anywhere credit, $5.00 one time international roaming credit. Includes 2GB of LTE data each month instead of 1GB.
- $23/month ($69 due upfront) - $1.50 call anywhere credit, $5.00 one time international roaming credit. Includes 3GB of LTE data each month instead of 2GB.
- $29/month ($87 due upfront) - $1.50 call anywhere credit, $5.00 one time international roaming credit, $10.00 call anywhere credit instead of $5.00. Includes 6GB of LTE data each month instead of 5GB.
- $39/month ($177 due upfront) - 1250 international bonus calling minutes, $5.00 one time international roaming credit. Includes 6GB of LTE data each month instead of 5GB.
- $49/month ($147 due upfront) - $5.00 one time international roaming credit. Includes 50GB of LTE data each month. Includes $20 call anywhere credit instead of $5.00.
The $49 plan used to offer buy 3 months get the 4th month free. It is not known if that offer is still available. BestMVNO reached out to Ultra Mobile for clarification but had not received a response by publication time.
Mobile hotspot is included with all plans. Taxes and fees cost extra. One month is considered 30 days. Three months is considered 90 days.
Ultra Mobile's SVP of Sales, Erin Anderson had the following to say about the multi-month plan offerings:
“At Ultra Mobile, our mission is to keep people connected with loved ones locally or abroad, in an easy and accessible way. As customers’ demand for data continues to grow, Ultra has responded by offering bonus gigabytes of data to those who purchase a multi-month plan. By allowing customers to buy multiple months at once - and providing bonus gigabytes of data to those who do - we are adding value and making it more affordable and convenient for people to stay connected with friends and family around the world.”
Multi-Month plans are certainly not new to Ultra Mobile. Ultra Mobile has been quietly selling them for over a year. The MVNO also runs Mint Mobile. Mint Mobile only sells multi-month plans, and the company has had a lot of success with that strategy. Multi-month plans offer a way for prepaid providers to reduce their customer turnover rate, or what is otherwise known as churn rate. It also gives providers a way to offer better value to their customers. Those two reasons are why multi-month plans have been gaining favor as of late, and will likely continue to do so moving forward.