Ultra Mobile has just updated nearly all of its phone plans with more data and more international calling countries. Most plans got a 2 fold increase in the amount of 4G LTE data that they are allotted. On all plans, the number of included international calling countries increased from 60+ to over 75.
A summary of Ultra Mobile's updated phone plans with the changes highlighted follows below.
Summary Of Ultra Mobile's Updated Phone Plans
Unless specified, all plans include unlimited talk, text and data with the listed amount at 4G LTE speeds and international calling to over 75 countries. Global texting is also included.
- $19/month - 500 MB (previously 100 MB) of 4G LTE data that is not unlimited but hard capped. $1.50 call anywhere credit. $5.00 one time international rollover roaming credit. Bonus- includes unlimited 3G data when you pay for service 3 months in advance.
- $23/month - 1GB of 4G LTE data (previously 500 MB + 500 MB at 3G speeds). $1.50 call anywhere credit. $5.00 one time international rollover roaming credit. Bonus- get 1GB more 4G LTE data each month when you pay for service 3 months in advance.
- $29/month - 4GB of 4G LTE data (previously 2GB + 2GB at 3G speeds). $5.00 call anywhere credit. $5.00 one time international rollover roaming credit. Bonus- get 2GB more 4G LTE data each month plus a $10 monthly international long distance credit when you pay for service 3 months in advance.
- $39/month - 5GB of 4G LTE data (previously 3GB + 3GB at 3G speeds). $10.00 call anywhere credit. $5.00 one time international rollover roaming credit. Bonus - Get a $20 monthly international long distance credit when you pay for service 3 months in advance.
- $49/month - unlimited 4G LTE data (no change). $5.00 call anywhere credit. $5.00 one time international rollover roaming credit. Data speeds may be temporarily slowed down during times of heavy network traffic once more than 30 GB has been used in a month. Bonus - buy 3 months in advance, get your 4th month free.
The one time international rollover roaming credits are good to be used anywhere while traveling abroad. The call anywhere credits are good towards calling destinations that are not included in the list of 75 countries that each plan allows calling to free of charge.
Ultra Mobile's Flex Plan remain unchanged.
Ultra Mobile's phone plans are much improved. The company is no longer offering what it called DataXtra as a way to advertise that their plans came with more high speed data than they really had. DataXtra is what Ultra Mobile called the bonus data at 3G speeds that it added on to select plans. When I tested out Ultra Mobile, I found DataXtra to not be very useful as speeds maxed out at just 0.25 Mbps (256 Kbps). I am happy to see that the bonus data has largely been replaced by more full speed 4G LTE data.
The $29 plan that Ultra Mobile is selling is now one of best and cheapest all around plans on the market. It contains more high speed data at that price point than any other monthly plan on the market, matching what Lycamobile offers. Some may still find Lycamobile to be a better choice as they offer 10% off for enabling auto recharge on their plans. Those who are willing to pay several months in advance for service may find Ultra Mobile's other brand, Mint SIM to be an even better value. Mint SIM offers an unlimited everything plan with the first 10 GB of data at 4G LTE speeds for $25/month as long as you are willing to commit to it for up to a year in advance.
More About Ultra Mobile
Ultra Mobile is an MVNO that operates on the T-Mobile network. The company has been in business since 2012 and focuses on selling phone plans to those that have international calling and texting needs.