Follow BestMVNO In Google News
Ultra Mobile has increased the amount of data included with its $23/month plan to 3GB when you purchase 3 months of service in advance. Previously the plan included 2GB of data when purchased in advance. When bought by the month the plan includes just 1GB of data. The plan also includes unlimited domestic and international talk and text to over 75 countries.
With the change in place, Ultra Mobile's phone plans now look like this:
Ultra Mobile's Updated Phone Plans
All of Ultra Mobile's phone plans include unlimited domestic and international talk and text. Unlimited data is also included, with data speeds throttled to 2G once the plans high speed allotment gets used up.
- $19/month - 500MB 4G LTE data, $1.50 call anywhere credit, one time credit of $5.00 for international roaming
- $23/month - 1GB 4G LTE data, $1.50 call anywhere credit, one time credit of $5.00 for international roaming. New - purchase service 3 months in advance and get 3GB of data each month.
- $29/month - 4GB 4G LTE data, $5.00 call anywhere credit, one time credit of $5.00 for international roaming
- $39/month - 5GB 4G LTE data, $10.00 call anywhere credit, one time credit of $5.00 for international roaming
- $49/month - Unlimited LTE data, $5.00 call anywhere credit, one time credit of $5.00 for international roaming. Bonus - purchase 3 months in advance, get your 4th month free.
In addition to the plans described above, Ultra Mobile sells what it calls a Flex Plan. The Flex Plan includes unlimited domestic talk and global texting. It also has unlimited international calling to 10 countries including Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Mexico, Singapore, Thailand, and the United Kingdom. A data allotment of 250MB is also included with data rollover that lasts until you use it. Plan pricing starts as low as $12.50/month when you buy 4 months of service in advance. It's also priced at $12.50/line each month when you have 4 lines. Each line includes 250MB of shareable data.
Taxes and fees are not included in the price of any plan shown.
Ultra Mobile's updated 3GB multi-month plan is a page straight out of the Mint Mobile playbook. Ultra Mobile owns Mint Mobile, a provider that only sells multi-month plans. Both use T-mobile's network for service.
I'm not sure why Ultra Mobile made the change, but perhaps the two brands will converge sometime in the future or Mint Mobile will get better pricing. I'm sure no one will mind getting more data for buying a plan 3 months in advance. It is certainly a good deal, and is in fact a better deal than what Mint Mobile sells a similar plan for. Mint Mobile's $23/month multi-month plan only includes 2GB of high speed data, although the plan is priced at $15/month for new customers. The plan also lacks international calling and texting.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter