NET10 Wireless has updated its wireless plans. The plan updates are significant as they make NET10 the best value play among the TracFone brands that use the Verizon network. On its website, NET10 is highlighting its "upgraded plans" by featuring its $50 plan that's $45 with autopay enabled. It includes unlimited everything with the first 30GB of data at high speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds. It also comes with a $20 international calling credit. Previously the plan wasn't competitive in the wireless marketplace at all and included just 10GB of high-speed data. So this is a very big update. The MVNO is also running a 4th of July sale advertising that select phones are up to 40% off.
NET10's Plan Updates Highlighted
All of NET10's plans have actually been updated with more data. Highlights of each plan update are described below. All plans include unlimited everything with the specified amount of data at high-speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds.
- $20/month - 2GB high-speed data, previously 1GB offered. Also includes $10 international calling credit
- $35/month ($31.50 with autopay) - 5GB high-speed data, previously offered 4GB. Also includes $10 international calling credit
- $40/month ($36 with autopay) - 10GB high-speed data, previously offered 8GB. Also includes $20 international calling credit
- $50/month ($45 with autopay) - 30GB of high-speed data, previously offered 10GB. Also includes $20 international calling credit
- $60/month - 40GB of high-speed data, previously offered 10GB. Also includes $20 international calling credit
- $65/month ($60 with autopay)- 50GB of high-speed data, previously offered 12GB. Also includes unlimited international calling
Taxes and fees cost extra. Customers with autopay enabled and multiple lines on the $50 plan will receive $10 off each additional line added to an account up to 4 lines.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from Verizon and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the Verizon weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
NET10 Wireless plans work on all major networks in the USA. It should be noted, customers willing to pay for a year of service in advance can get more data included with the $20 plan. Exclusive to the company's eBay store, subscribers can get 5GB of data with the plan if they purchase it one year in advance for $239.99. The plan does get discounted from time to time.
NET10's 4th Of July 2020 Sale
NET10 is running what it's advertising as a 4th of July sale on select phones. NET10 typically recycles deals for the holidays so I'm not sure if there's anything really new here. Highlighted offers include the Moto E6 for $39.99 down from $69.99. The Samsung Galaxy J2 is $19.99 down from $59.99 and the LG Journey is $39.99 marked down from $69.99. Also available are the following:
- Samsung Galaxy A10E $99.99 down from $139.99
- iPhone 7 $199.99 down from $249.99
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown $69.99 down from $89.99
- Moto E5 for $39.99 down from $49.99
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit $24.99 down from $59.99
- BLU View 1 $29.99 down from $49.99
- TCL LX $19.99 down from $39.99
All phone deals do require the purchase of a phone plan to get them. Phones are locked to the NET10 network and must be used on the network for 1 year before they can be unlocked for use on another network.
NET10 has long been one of Tracfone's forgotten brands while Straight Talk has been the dominant force. But with the plan updates, that may change a little especially if Tracfone is willing to spend money advertising and marketing the brand something that it hasn't really done in quite some time.
NET10's new plans are now a value play at select price points, especially when compared to other Tracfone brands that primarily use the Verizon network. For instance, Tracfone itself only offers 1GB of high-speed data on its $20 plan. Straight Talk doesn't even have a $20 plan and Total Wireless charges $25 for a plan with 1GB of high-speed data. At the $35 price point with autopay applied, Straight Talk and Total Wireless only offer 5GB of high-speed data, so there's a big value difference with NET10 offering 10GB. And at the $45 price point with autopay enabled, Total Wireless and Straight Talk both only offer 25GB of high-speed data as opposed to the 30GB now offered by NET10. Whether or not Tracfone decides to update Straight Talk and Total Wireless plans to be more in line with the NET10 offerings remains to be seen. But as it stands now, NET10 has received a long-overdue significant plan refresh.
Follow BestMVNO In Google News