The LG G5 was LG's flagship device for 2016. Currently the unlocked variant, model number LG G5 RS988, is being sold for $299.99, a discount of 40% off the regular price by NewEgg Flash.
The LG G5 features the following:
- 5.3" IPS Quantum QHD Display with 554 ppi
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor with 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Custom 64-bit Qualcomm Kryo
- 16 MP f/1.8 main camera with a 8 MP selfie camera
- Android 6.0
- 2800 mAh user replaceable slide out battery
- 32 GB internal storage expandable with a microSD card
- 4 GB of RAM
- Support for the following carrier frequencies:
LTE Band: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25; CDMA Band Class: 0/1; UMTS Bands 1/2/4/5/8; GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Full USA warranty
Given the frequencies that this phone operates on, it is fully compatible with both Verizon and Verizon MVNO's as well as T-Mobile and T-Mobile MVNO's. There is limited support for AT&T and AT&T MVNO's and virtually no support for Sprint. You can see the full list of networks that the phone supports at the following url frequencycheck.com. (Updated: An AT&T variant is available for $309.99 via BH Photo.)
At a price of $299.99 the phone is currently selling for $30 cheaper than anywhere else online, making this a good deal for those in the market for a new phone.
Given the phones relatively small battery size, you may want to consider picking up a spare battery if you're a heavy user.
The unlocked 32GB LG G5 will only be available at the price of $299.99 until May 10th unless it sells out sooner, so if you are interested, head on over to Newegg Flash before it's gone.