Follow BestMVNO In Google News
Yesterday, Motorola announced that it is launching a Moto G Stylus with 5G connectivity. The device will be available through major retail outlets online and in stores on June 14th sold unlocked for $399.99.
AT&T was the first provider to follow up Motorola's announcement with one of its own. The company put out a press release stating that it will carry the device as will its prepaid brand Cricket Wireless. Pricing and availability of the Moto G Stylus 5G at each of the two providers will be released at a later date.
The Moto G Stylus 5G has the following specifications:
- 6.8" Max Vision FHD+ edge to edge display
- 48MP main camera sensor with "quad pixel" technology to help with low light sensitivity. The lens combines 4 pixels into 1 for an effective photo resolution of 12 MP
- 8MP 118° wide angle lens, 5MP macro lens, and 2MP depth lens
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G processor
- RAM available in 4GB and 6GB configurations
- Internal storage available in 128GB and 256GB configurations expandable with a microSD card
- Ships with Android 11 on-board
Motorola's press release did state that other carriers, MVNOs and prepaid providers will also carry the device. It will be sold through T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, Xfinity Mobile and Spectrum Mobile.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from AT&T and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the AT&T weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
I suspect that any other provider that sold LG Stylo devices such as the LG Stylo 6 will eventually carry the new Moto G Stylus 5G. The LG Stylo 6 was a popular device with prepaid providers and was frequently a featured free phone deal at both Boost Mobile and Cricket Wireless. LG announced a few months ago that it was exiting the phone business, a move that is expected to be completed by July 31, 2021. The Moto G Stylus 5G should help to fill a small part of the void left in the market by LG's exit.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter