Follow BestMVNO In Google News
Altice Mobile launched last September with a stellar plan that featured 50GB of high-speed data for just $20/month. The plan price was marketed as being a limited time offer. In February of 2020, the limited time offer ended and the plan changed dramatically. The price was increased to $30/month and the high-speed data allotment was reduced to 20GB a month. It was still a very good deal, but not as eye-popping as the original offer.
Thanks to a reader tip, BestMVNO has learned that Altice Mobile is once again offering the plan for $20/month. Unfortunately, the high-speed data cap remains at 20GB. It is unknown when the updated offer initially began running, but it is scheduled to be available at least until 6/30/2020.
The updated offer comes with all the same fine print as before. To review, the stipulations that come with the offer are as follows:
- Plan price includes $5/month autopay discount
- $20/month is for customers that subscribe to either Optimum or Suddenlink. All other customers will pay $30/month after autopay discount
- It is available to new lines of service only, not for existing customers
- Taxes and fees cost extra and a $10 activation fee may apply
- Roaming charges may also apply
- Plan includes mobile hotspot with data speeds limited to 600Kbps
- Video streams at a resolution of 480p
- After 20GB of high-speed data is consumed in a billing cycle, speeds are reduced to 2g
- Credit approval may be required, and offer may be discontinued at any time
- Includes unlimited talk and text available at no extra cost for use internationally
- Includes 1GB of 4G LTE of roaming data available for use at no extra charge in 35 countries
Altice Mobile primarily uses the Sprint network with AT&T in certain locations to provide service to its subscribers. There are no multi-line discounts available. A maximum of 5 residential and 10 business lines are allowed per account.
Subscribe to BestMVNO and always be informed of the latest deals, plans and carrier promotions!
Altice also appears to be readying the launch of 5G wireless service. The company now has a 5G webpage setup and also a few 5G devices now available. According to a May report from RCR Wireless News, Altice Mobile has been engaged in discussions with T-Mobile about transitioning to the T-Mobile network and launching 5G.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter