Follow BestMVNO In Google News
Altice Mobile launched last September with a stellar plan that featured 50GB of high-speed data for just $20/month. The plan price was marketed as being a limited time offer. In February of 2020, the limited time offer ended and the plan changed dramatically. The price was increased to $30/month and the high-speed data allotment was reduced to 20GB a month. It was still a very good deal, but not as eye-popping as the original offer.
Thanks to a reader tip, BestMVNO has learned that Altice Mobile is once again offering the plan for $20/month. Unfortunately, the high-speed data cap remains at 20GB. It is unknown when the updated offer initially began running, but it is scheduled to be available at least until 6/30/2020.
The updated offer comes with all the same fine print as before. To review, the stipulations that come with the offer are as follows:
- Plan price includes $5/month autopay discount
- $20/month is for customers that subscribe to either Optimum or Suddenlink. All other customers will pay $30/month after autopay discount
- It is available to new lines of service only, not for existing customers
- Taxes and fees cost extra and a $10 activation fee may apply
- Roaming charges may also apply
- Plan includes mobile hotspot with data speeds limited to 600Kbps
- Video streams at a resolution of 480p
- After 20GB of high-speed data is consumed in a billing cycle, speeds are reduced to 2g
- Credit approval may be required, and offer may be discontinued at any time
- Includes unlimited talk and text available at no extra cost for use internationally
- Includes 1GB of 4G LTE of roaming data available for use at no extra charge in 35 countries
Altice Mobile primarily uses the Sprint network with AT&T in certain locations to provide service to its subscribers. There are no multi-line discounts available. A maximum of 5 residential and 10 business lines are allowed per account.
Altice also appears to be readying the launch of 5G wireless service. The company now has a 5G webpage setup and also a few 5G devices now available. According to a May report from RCR Wireless News, Altice Mobile has been engaged in discussions with T-Mobile about transitioning to the T-Mobile network and launching 5G.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter