Follow BestMVNO In Google News
Ultra Mobile has increased the amount of data included with a couple of its phone plans. The $23 dollar plan now includes 2GB of LTE data and the $29 plan now has 5GB of LTE data. Previously the plans included 1GB and 4GB of LTE data respectively. Both come with unlimited talk and text and operate on the T-Mobile network.
Ultra Mobile's Updated Phone Plans Highlighted
- $19/month - 500MB LTE data, $1.50 call anywhere credit, $5.00 rollover roaming credit, unlimited talk to over 75 countries
- $23/month - 2GB LTE data (previously 1GB), $1.50 call anywhere credit, $5.00 rollover roaming credit, unlimited talk to over 75 countries
- $29/month - 5GB LTE data (previously 4GB), $5.00 call anywhere credit, $5.00 rollover roaming credit, unlimited talk to over 75 countries.
- $39/month - 5GB LTE data, $5.00 rollover roaming credit, unlimited talk to over 75 countries plus uTalk. uTalk provides up to 1250 bonus calling minutes to an additional 17 countries
- $49/month - 50GB LTE data, $5.00 call anywhere credit, $5.00 rollover roaming credit, unlimited talk to over 75 countries
All plans include unlimited data with the specified amounts at 4G LTE data speeds. Unlimited talk, text and global texting are also included. Mobile hotspot is available with all plans except for the $19/month plan. Taxes and fees cost extra.
More About uTalk
uTalk is a new feature from Ultra Mobile that is currently only available on the $39 plan. uTalk will provide subscribers with the ability to call an additional 17 countries beyond the 75+ international calling countries that are included with all of Ultra Mobile's phone plans. A maximum of 1250 uTalk minutes are available each month and the amount that you can use varies based on where you are calling. Calling countries and available minutes are described below.
100 Bonus Minutes
250 Bonus Minutes
- Dominican Republic - includes unlimited to landlines
- El Salvador
- Venezuela - includes unlimited to landlines
500 Bonus Minutes
- Argentina - includes unlimited to landlines
1250 Bonus Minutes
uTalk minutes can be used to call mobile and landlines in all the countries listed. A maximum of 10 unique phone numbers can be dialed in a billing period.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from T-Mobile and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the T-Mobile weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
$49 Unlimited Data Plan Change?
Besides the data increases on the two plans and the new uTalk feature, Ultra Mobile may have changed its $49 unlimited plan. Previously the plan was advertised as having unlimited LTE data, now it shows unlimited data with the first 50GB at 4G LTE data speeds. Terms of the plan are a bit ambiguous and state that those that consume more than 50GB of data in a billing cycle "may have subsequent data speeds slowed and/or deprioritized during times of congestion or heavy network usage for the remainder of such applicable 30-day cycle." To me it sounds like nothing more than a semantic change and users will still be able to get LTE data speeds beyond 50GB of usage as long as the network is not busy. This is typical of all unlimited data plans. I reached out to an Ultra Mobile representative for clarification. A response had not yet been received at press time, but will be updated if I get one.
It's likely Ultra Mobile made a semantic change to be more forthright with its customers, something that is lacking in the industry when it comes to unlimited data plans. For instance, Straight Talk sells an "unlimited plan" yet may cancel a subscribers service for consuming more than 60GB in a billing cycle. That's not very unlimited.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter