TextNow says the new plan is perfect for parents who would like their kids to have a phone without access to the internet. It's also good for those who don't need mobile data and who prefer to use WiFi when they need to get online.
TextNow's Updated Phone Plans
All of TextNow's plans include unlimited calling and texting to the USA and Canada. They also include the ability to place calls and texts over your computer and tablet.
Unless specified, all plans come with voicemail transcription, call forwarding, caller ID and conference calling.
- Basic Free plan - WiFi calling and texting only. Does not include caller ID, voicemail transcription or call forwarding.
- Starter Plan - $9.99/month, talk and text only
- Tall Plan - $19.99/month, 1.5GB of 4G LTE data
- Grande Plan - $27.99/month, 3GB of 4G LTE data
- Venti Plan - $39.99/month, 5GB of 4G LTE data
- Quattro Plan - $59.99/month, 10GB of 4G LTE data
All data containing plans have unlimited 2G data access once the plans high speed data allotment has been used up.
Taxes and fees are included in the prices shown.
The Grande, Venti and Quattro plans come with family plan discounts. Respectively, additional lines can be added to each plan for $20.99/month, $29.99/month or $44.99/month. A total of 10 lines can be added to an account, each with their own phone plan.
More About TextNow
TextNow is an MVNO that provides cellular service using both the T-Mobile and Sprint networks. The company claims to be the world's first cloud-based phone carrier, as its technology allows for phone calls and texts to be placed preferentially over WiFi with a fallback to the parent network's data and cellular pipelines. The technology is similar in function to how competing platforms from Republic Wireless and Google Project Fi work.