Sprint has announced a new "Unlimited Premium" plan. The plan comes with more mobile hotspot data than its other unlimited plans and more perks such as an Amazon Prime subscription. The new plan which Sprint calls a "VIP platinum-style wireless plan" will cost subscribers $90/month. It joins two other unlimited plans already in Sprint's lineup, the $60 Unlimited Basic plan, and the $70 Unlimited Plus plan. Sprint is also still offering for a limited time its unlimited kickstart plan for $25/month.
Sprint's Unlimited Premium Plan Explained
Sprint's Unlimited Premium plan comes with a lot of different features, including a limited time perk. The full list of features is below.
- 50GB LTE mobile hotspot
- An Amazon Prime subscription valued at $12.99/month or $119/annually
- Lookout Premium Plus for mobile security and identity theft protection, $9.99/month value
- Hulu Limited Commercials subscription valued at $7.99/month
- Music streaming with TIDAL valued at $9.99/month
- Streaming in full HD 1080p resolution
- Global Roaming in more than 185 worldwide destinations
- In Mexico and Canada, enjoy Unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE data
- Unlimited data, talk and text nationwide. Data speeds may be temporarily slowed during times of network congestion
The plan also includes a limited time perk for Uber rides. Customers can get up to $20/month to use on Uber. A maximum of 2 rides at a maximum cost of $10 each are allowed per month. Sprint hasn't said how long the Uber ride perk will be available for.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from Sprint and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the Sprint weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Plan pricing excludes taxes, surcharges and roaming.
Sprint's Other Unlimited Plans Compared
Sprint's cheaper unlimited plans with perks are as follows:
- $60/month - Unlimited Basic - unlimited everything plus subscription to Hulu. Mobile hotspot limited to 500MB at 4G LTE data speeds and video streaming limited to resolution of 480p. Also includes unlimited talk and text and 5GB of LTE data in Mexico and Canada.
- $70/month - Unlimited Plus - unlimited everything plus Hulu subscription, TIDAL subscription, 1080p video streaming and 15GB mobile hotspot. Also includes unlimited talk and text with 10GB of LTE data in Mexico and Canada.
The $25 limited time promotional unlimited kickstart plan includes unlimited everything but no hotspot or additional perks.
The idea of tiered unlimited data plans has really taken off over the past several months. Carriers have been competing with each other by adding more and more unlimited plans with different perks and at different price points. Verizon did it when it added its Above Unlimited plan for $95/month. That plan includes more data before deprioritization than Verizon's other unlimited plans. T-Mobile just announced a cheaper, $60 unlimited plan that doesn't come with a Netflix subscription. AT&T recently announced new unlimited plans with TV perks.