Surprise, surprise. Red Pocket Mobile has come out with more holiday offers than what was just announced a couple of days ago. The latest offer is a hot one and an update to an offer that was announced on Monday.
Today Red Pocket Mobile updated an eBay exclusive annual plan to include coverage on the Verizon network. The plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and data with the first 5GB of data each month at 4G LTE data speeds for just $16.25/month. Of course to get such a great rate you will have to prepay for a year of service in advance at a total up front cost of $195. Red Pocket Mobile considers one year of service to be equal to 360 days. The plan is currently on sale and has a list price of $365. Subscribers can also elect to use the plan on either the AT&T or Sprint network if they so choose. Red Pocket Mobile has also put a few other plans on sale to go along with what was just announced on Monday.
Other Newly Discounted Red Pocket Mobile Phone Plans
The newly discounted Red Pocket Mobile plans are as follows:
360 Day Annual Plans
- 500 minutes, 500 text messages, 500MB of 4G LTE data each month. Regular list price is $125. On sale for $89 or $7.42/month - Works on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon
- 1,000 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB 4G LTE data each month. Regular list price is $185 on sale now for $159 or $13.25/month. Works on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
- Unlimited everything, first 2GB of data each month at 4G LTE data speeds. Regular list price is $305, on sale for $215 or $17.91/month. Works on AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile.
Offer Fine Print
It you are considering one of these Red Pocket Mobile deals and you have an iPhone, be aware that MMS picture and group messaging will not work for you unless you jailbreak your device. This is likely due to restrictive Apple policy.
Don't Miss Out On More Deals Like This!
Get the next deal delivered to your inbox as soon as it's announced!
Also note, all Red Pocket Mobile phone plans include mobile hotspot, however there are restrictions with it based on which underlying network you are using with Red Pocket. Here are those restrictions:
- AT&T network - hotspot is only supported on Android devices
- Veizon network - hostpost is supported on iOS devices. Customers need to contact support to have Red Pocket Mobile enable it
- Sprint and T-Mobile networks - hotspot is fully supported for both Androids and iPhones
Some other things to note include that WiFi calling is only available with Red Pocket on the T-Mobile network. VoLTE and HD Voice may be available for use on the Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon networks but it is unavailable on the AT&T network. Red Pocket Mobile has setup a page on their website to break down how VoLTE works on their network.
Red Pocket Mobile's updated plan may just offer the best deal in wireless on the Verizon network right now for those who don't need unlimited data. There simply isn't a cheaper plan available on the Verizon network that includes more data for the price than the 5GB of data Red Pocket Mobile is offering. The next cheapest offer on the Verizon network from a brand other than Red Pocket Mobile that I have tracked is a Page Plus Cellular plan and that only includes 3GB of data for $29.95/month.