The starter kit includes 2 SIM cards and a free 7 day trial of service. Customers get 100MB of 4G LTE data, 100 minutes and 100 text messages to use during that time span.
Don't Miss Out On More Deals Like This!
Get the next deal delivered to your inbox as soon as it's announced!
The purpose of the two SIM cards is so that you don't have to port your number over in order to try out the service. Mint Mobile will give you a new number to use with one SIM card during the trial, and if you are happy with your service, you can use the second SIM card to port your number over. For those that miss out on the Prime Day deal, Mint Mobile normally refunds the $5 cost of the trial kit to customers that elect to port in. The $5 can then be applied to a plan of the customer's choosing.
Mint Mobile Phone Plans
Mint Mobile only sells multi-month phone plans to new customers. The multi-month plans are priced as follows:
2GB Multi-Month Plans
- 3 months new customer trial offer - introductory offer of $15/month, $45 due up front. Regular pricing is $23/month.
- 6 month pricing - $18/month with $108 due up front.
- 12 month pricing - $15/month with $180 due up front
5GB Multi-Month Plans
- 3 months new customer trial offer - introductory offer of $20/month, $60 due up front. Regular pricing is $30/month.
- 6 month pricing - $24/month with $144 due up front.
- 12 month pricing - $20/month with $240 due up front
10GB Multi-Month Plans
- 3 months new customer trial offer - introductory offer of $25/month, $75 due up front. Regular pricing is $38/month.
- 6 month pricing - $30/month with $180 due up front.
- 12 month pricing - $25/month with $300 due up front
All plans include unlimited data with the specified amount at high speeds. WiFi talk and text is supported on select Android phones. Mint Mobile charges telecom sales tax, PSCS tax and a telco recovery fee.
There are single month plans available once you become a subscriber. However, they are not competitively priced. For instance, the plan with 2GB of data is priced at $35/month which isn't very cheap compared to other MVNO plans on the market.
More About Mint Mobile And The Prime Day Deal
Mint Mobile is owned by Ultra Mobile. It is an MVNO that uses T-Mobile's network to provide service. If you got an out of contract T-Mobile compatible phone you can use it with Mint Mobile. Unlocked AT&T phones should also work. This Prime Day deal will go live at 12PM PST, Monday, July 16th and end at 11:59PM PST on July 17th.