MetroPCS officially launched the Alcatel 7 today. The listed retail price of the device is $179.99, however customers who port-in and subscribe to an unlimited data plan can get it for free. Customers who add a new line of service or qualify for an upgrade will get it for $129.99. To qualify for an upgrade you must not have purchased a phone at a discount in the past 90 days.
Alcatel 7 Specifications
The Alcatel 7 comes in at the bigger end of the spectrum. It features a 6 inch 2160x1080p display, complete with bezels top and bottom. Other device specifications include the following:
- 4,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging Pump Express 2.0
- Dual rear cameras featuring a 12 MP and 2 MP lens and an 8MP selfie camera with flash
- 32GB of internal storage expandable with a microSD card
- 2GB RAM
- 2.5GHz MediaTek MT6736TA Octa-Core processor.
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Face unlock
- Rear fingerprint reader
- USB type C
- Support for the following LTE bands:
If you want the phone for free, you'll have to subscribe to one of MetroPCS's two unlimited data plans which are described below.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from T-Mobile and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the T-Mobile weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
- $50/month - unlimited everything, but no hotspot allowed and video streaming limited to a maximum resolution of 480p. Save - get 2 lines for $80/month.
- $60/month - unlimited everything. Includes 10GB of 4LTE hotspot data before throttling. Video streams limited to a maximum resolution of 480p. Save - add additional lines for $30/month. A maximum of 4 lines allowed.
Those that consume more than 35GB of data in a month may have their data speeds temporarily reduced during times of heavy network congestion. This is a policy called data prioritization and it is something that all unlimited plans on the market also employ. The prices shown includes taxes. There is a $10 per line activation fee.
If you hope to be able to pick the phone up and get it unlocked for use with another network such as AT&T, keep in mind MetroPCS won't unlock the phone for you unless you keep it active on their network for a minimum of 180 consecutive days.