FreedomPop is now offering the Huawei Union Y538 for $19.99 with free shipping and a free trial of service that includes 2GB of data.
The Huawei Union is an older device that was released in 2015. It can be found on Amazon right now for $40 for use with Boost Mobile. Amazon has labeled the phone as one that is "Amazon's Choice."
"Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately." -quoted from Amazon
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from AT&T and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the AT&T weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
The Huawei Union is a low end budget device. It features the following:
- 4.5" 480 x 854 218 ppi display
- 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 8GB of internal storage expandable with a microSD card
- 1GB RAM
- 5MP main camera but no front facing selfie camera
- 2000 mAh battery
- Android 5.1
Free Trial Offer
The free trial offer included with the purchase of the phone is for unlimited talk and text with 2GB of data. Service is provided by the Sprint network. The plan normally sells for $71.94 billed every 6 months which amounts to an average cost of $11.99/month.
FreedomPop Phone Premier is also included for free with the trial. Phone Premier is a service add on that features the following:
- Visual Voicemail
- Data Rollover - rollover your unused data and bank up to 20 GB for use anytime
- Premium Voice - Higher quality voice calls when the network data connection is weak. Without premium voice, phone calls are placed and received strictly over VoIP either through Sprint's 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
- MMS picture and group text messaging
- Data compression technology to help your data last up to 2x longer
- FreedomPop private internet service - encrypts your internet, talk and text connections
- Tethering/mobile hotspot
- Ad blocker
- Faster data speeds
FreedomPop's Phone Premier service is normally billed at $26.94 every 6 months. This amounts to an average monthly cost of $4.49.
If you're happy with FreedomPop after your free trial is up, you can continue on with both services billed at $98.88 every 6 months or an average cost of $16.48/month. Of course you don't have to continue on with the Phone Premier service if you don't want to. You can just subscribe to the 2GB plan or downgrade to the free plan which features 200 minutes, 500 texts and 500 MB of data.
Those of you who are interested in service with FreedomPop on AT&T's network can get a very similar free trial offer sans phone for just 1 penny. The free trial offer comes with 3GB of high speed data instead of the 2GB that the Sprint based offer includes.