A week after a major promo reset, Cricket Wireless has altered some of its promos for the better. The iPhone 6s is once again $49.99 with port-in to Cricket's $60 unlimited plan. It also requires a valid ID. The same offer was made available during the 2019 holiday shopping season but was temporarily discontinued when the price of the phone went back up to $149.99 for all customer types on 1/10/2020. Cricket has also released a few other promo updates that are detailed below and Lady Red's Tech Reviews is also putting out a vlog about the deals.
Cricket Wireless's Updated Promo Details Highlighted
Besides the iPhone 6s deal, Cricket Wireless has also updated pricing on the iPhone 6s+, Moto G7 Supra and the LG Stylo 5 for port-in customers only. All port-in promos require customers to port-in to Cricket Wireless's $60 rate plan.
- The iPhone 6s+ is now available for $99.99 with a valid ID. This is down from the $199.99 price announced last week. It is available at the same price for both 32GB and 128GB device configurations, however, the 128GB configuration is only available in-stores. This matches the deal offered over the holiday shopping season.
- The Moto G7 Supra is now $9.99, down from $99.99. It was free during the holiday shopping season.
- The LG Stylo 5 is now $9.99 down from $109.99. It was also free during the holiday shopping season.
Customers who purchase and activate their phones in-store may be subjected to a $25 activation or upgrade fee and a $3 fee will be assessed to those who need customer assistance paying their bill. The $3 fee is increasing to $4 at the end of January.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from AT&T and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the AT&T weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
The deals are scheduled to be available at least until 2/13/2020. Phones will be restricted to use on Cricket Wireless for 6 months but can be unlocked for use on another network after 6 months. Sales tax may apply based on location.
Cricket's $60 Unlimited Plan Is Required And Here Are The Plans Details
In order to pick up one of the new port-in promo details, customers will have to subscribe to Cricket Wireless's most expensive phone plan priced at $60/month or $55 with auto-pay billing enabled. The plan includes the following features:
- Unlimited talk, text, and LTE data
- Talk, text, and high-speed data usage in both Canada and Mexico at no extra charge
- 15GB of mobile hotspot at 4G LTE data speeds before throttling to 128Kbps. Hotspot usage requires having an eligible phone
Multi-line discounts are also available for lines 2-5.
- 2 Lines - $90/mo ($30 discount)
- 3 Lines - $110/mo ($70 discount)
- 4 Lines - $130/mo ($110 discount)
- 5 Lines - $160/mo ($140 discount)
After the first month of service is up, customers can switch to a lower cost Cricket Wireless plan without penalty. Taxes and fees are included in the plan prices shown.
Cricket Wireless's updated promos are a step back in the right direction. Still, I'd rather see the iPhone promos be for the iPhone 7 to match what is going on at both Boost Mobile and Metro-By-Mobile. Boost Mobile has the iPhone 7 for $49.99 while Metro as it for $99.99. So having an iPhone 6s available for $49.99 seems like a dated offer to me.
One other thing to note is that Cricket Wireless now requires a valid ID to get select promos. This may be the start of a new trend in prepaid. Metro-By-T-Mobile also recently made that a requirement. The change was put in place to help prevent fraud.