Follow BestMVNO In Google News
AT&T Prepaid has launched several new phone deals. The firm Wave7 Research detailed the findings in a report it sent out to its subscribers earlier today.
For starters, there are a couple of free phone offers available. The AT&T Fusion Z and AT&T Calypso 2 are both free to switchers who port to any AT&T Prepaid monthly plan. Without porting, the price for each phone is $19.99. These are in-store-only offers which means they'll come with a $15 activation fee. Both phones retail online for $79.99 but are $39.99 online with the purchase of any phone plan. There is no activation fee for online purchases.
AT&T prepaid has several other in-store-only offers available as well. Here they are:
- iPhone SE -$149.99, reg $249.99. Requires new line activation on an unlimited plan. Not sold online.
- Motorola One 5G Ace - $99.99 with port in and activation on an unlimited plan. Reg price $259.99. Available online with any plan for $129.99.
- Samsung Galaxy A02s - $29.99 with port and activation on an unlimited plan. Without port, price is $59.99. Reg price is $119.99. Available online for $69.99.
- Samsung Galaxy A12 - $49.99 with port, $79.99 without. Requires activation on an unlimited plan. Regular price is $179.99. Available online for $129.99.
- AT&T RADIANT Max 5G - $49.99 with port to an unlimited plan, $99.99 without. Regular price is $179.99. Available online for $129.99.
- iPhone 11 - $299.99 with port, $399.99 without. Requires port to an unlimited plan. Phone not sold online.
So to summarize the offers, the iPhones are only available through your local AT&T Prepaid dealer. The in-store offers all require porting to an unlimited plan, the online offers do not. The in-store offers all require a $15 activation fee that is not charged for online orders. So even with the higher-priced plan requirements in stores, and the activation fees charged, in-store pricing is still a little better than online.
Don't Miss Out On More Deals Like This!
Get the next deal delivered to your inbox as soon as it's announced!
The phone deals are scheduled to last until 1/27/22.
Several weeks ago AT&T Prepaid also brought back one of its more popular phone plan offers. AT&T Prepaid's premium flagship unlimited plan once again includes a $25/month autopay discount available for life to new customers. That lowers the price of the plan to $50/month down from $75/month.
As reported by Fierce Wireless and noted in a Wave7 Research prepaid report a few weeks back, AT&T Prepaid also has a new celebrity spokesperson in Mario Lopez. Lopez can be seen on AT&T Prepaid signage at Walmart stores. He's also visible in banners on AT&T Prepaid's website. There's even a video ad on the website where he pitches to viewers that the brand offers real value to consumers.
The new energy coming from AT&T Prepaid may be a bit paradoxical. Jeff Moore, Principal of Wave7 Research says that when reps at AT&T stores are asked about AT&T Prepaid they often tell their customers to shop for it at Walmart and Best Buy.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter