If you are 55 or older and on the fence about switching to T-Mobile's age restricted unlimited 55+ plan, you had better make up your mind fast. Starting on March 15th, the cost of the plan will increase to $70/month with auto pay for new subscribers with 2 lines. Currently, those with 2 lines pay just $60/month after a $5 per line auto pay discount is applied.
That's not per line, that's for both lines with taxes and fees included.
Single line customers pay just $50/month with auto pay. There's no word yet if the price will go up for single line customers.
T-Mobile's Unlimited 55+ Plan Explained
T-Mobiles Unlimited 55+ plan is basically the same thing as T-Mobile ONE, except only persons aged 55 and up can subscribe to it. The plan includes unlimited talk, text and data with several other perks which include the following:
- Unlimited calling and texting to Mexico and Canada and while traveling in Mexico and Canada
- Includes unlimited data with the first 5GB at high speed while traveling in Mexico and Canada
- Unlimited texting and data at speeds of 128 Kbps while traveling in over 140 other countries
- Unlimited texting & 1 hour of free data on Gogo® enabled flights
- Unlimited mobile hotspot at 3G data speeds
Like all unlimited data plans, there is a data prioritization policy in place. Those that consume more than 50 GB of data in a month may see their speeds temporarily slowed down during times of heavy network traffic. Video streaming is also limited to a maximum resolution of 480p.
For a hilarious explanation about who this plan is for and more on its features, watch this video from John Legere: