Thanks to reader input, BestMVNO has learned that Selectel Wireless has updated its phone plans. Some plans now include more data, and there also appears to be a new plan available. The BestMVNO featured plan includes unlimited everything with the first 2GB of data at 4G LTE data speeds for $30/month. The new plan includes everything the $30 plan offers and adds unlimited calling to landlines and mobile in Canada and Mexico.
Selectel Wireless's Updated Plans In Detail
Selectel Wireless now offers 7 prepaid wireless plans as sold directly through its website. Previously 6 were offered. The new and updated plans with the changes highlighted are described below.
All plans include unlimited talk and text.
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from Verizon and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the Verizon weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
- $20/month - 100MB of hard capped data, previously included only 500 minutes and 50MB of hard capped data
- $30/month - 2GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, previously included 1GB
- $35/month - 2GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, unlimited calling to landlines and mobile in Canada and Mexico
- $40/month - 7GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, previously included 6GB
- $45/month - 7GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, unlimited calling to landlines and mobile in Canada and Mexico, previously included 6GB
- $50/month - 10GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, no change
- $70/month - 15GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, no change
Selectel Wireless also sells postpaid plans that aren't currently listed on the website, but should be available with a phone call to the company. The postpaid plans are identical to the plans described above except they cost $5 more per month and include domestic voice roaming.
Domestic voice roaming is also available on each prepaid plan with the purchase of a flex card. The flex card is priced at $10 plus it has an additional service fee charge of $1. Voice roaming is billed at 25¢/min.
Selectel offers a couple of prepaid plans that are not found on its website but can be purchased through independent dealers. Some of those plans have also been updated. They are as follows:
- $15/month - 500 minutes, unlimited text, 100MB of hard capped data. Previously included 300 minutes and 50MB of hard capped data.
- $12/month - 500 minutes, 500 texts, 100MB of hard capped data.
There is also a yearly plan available that includes 2,000 minutes, unlimited text and 100MB of data for $75.
The $10 flex card can also be used to cover overages on the limited plans. Overages are priced at 5¢ per minute, text and MB of data.
Selectel Wireless has been in business since 2008. The MVNO operates on the Verizon network.