Thanks to reader input, BestMVNO has learned that Selectel Wireless has updated its phone plans. Some plans now include more data, and there also appears to be a new plan available. The BestMVNO featured plan includes unlimited everything with the first 2GB of data at 4G LTE data speeds for $30/month. The new plan includes everything the $30 plan offers and adds unlimited calling to landlines and mobile in Canada and Mexico.
Selectel Wireless's Updated Plans In Detail
Selectel Wireless now offers 7 prepaid wireless plans as sold directly through its website. Previously 6 were offered. The new and updated plans with the changes highlighted are described below.
All plans include unlimited talk and text.
- $20/month - 100MB of hard capped data, previously included only 500 minutes and 50MB of hard capped data
- $30/month - 2GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, previously included 1GB
- $35/month - 2GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, unlimited calling to landlines and mobile in Canada and Mexico
- $40/month - 7GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, previously included 6GB
- $45/month - 7GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, unlimited calling to landlines and mobile in Canada and Mexico, previously included 6GB
- $50/month - 10GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, no change
- $70/month - 15GB data at 4G LTE data speeds, no change
Selectel Wireless also sells postpaid plans that aren't currently listed on the website, but should be available with a phone call to the company. The postpaid plans are identical to the plans described above except they cost $5 more per month and include domestic voice roaming.
Domestic voice roaming is also available on each prepaid plan with the purchase of a flex card. The flex card is priced at $10 plus it has an additional service fee charge of $1. Voice roaming is billed at 25¢/min.
Selectel offers a couple of prepaid plans that are not found on its website but can be purchased through independent dealers. Some of those plans have also been updated. They are as follows:
- $15/month - 500 minutes, unlimited text, 100MB of hard capped data. Previously included 300 minutes and 50MB of hard capped data.
- $12/month - 500 minutes, 500 texts, 100MB of hard capped data.
There is also a yearly plan available that includes 2,000 minutes, unlimited text and 100MB of data for $75.
The $10 flex card can also be used to cover overages on the limited plans. Overages are priced at 5¢ per minute, text and MB of data.
Selectel Wireless has been in business since 2008. The MVNO operates on the Verizon network.