ROK Mobile announced on its website that it will no longer provide service on
two of our three Nationwide 4G LTE networks, effective December 18th, 2015.
The two providers it is dropping service with are Sprint and T-Mobile as ROK Mobile claims that your service will now be better as they will be "offering you the fastest and most reliable 4G LTE coverage."
ROK Mobile is not leaving customers on those abandoned networks completely in the dark, as they are crediting customer payment cards that use either of those networks with $50. Subscribers can expect to see the credit within the next 3-5 business days.
Furthermore, ROK Mobile is offering those customers an additional free month of service should they decide to stay on board with ROK Mobile's 4G LTE CDMA network.
Unfortunately, switching over to ROK Mobile's remaining network will require a majority of subscribers to have to purchase a new phone unless they are already using an unlocked device that is compatible with Verizon's network. ROK Mobile has provided instructions for those who want to stay on board and they are as follows:
- You will need to get a phone that will run on our upgraded CDMA network. ROK Mobile has available phones via our third party partner.
CLICK HERE to access the ROK Mobile phone store. If you want to continue using your existing handset you will need to choose another service provider.
- Go to www.rokmobile.com/plans and sign up for service with a NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.
- Your current email is connected to your old account and cannot be used.
- Customer support will fix this after you have activated a new account.
- Info you will need in order to switch
- Enter PROMO code "SWITCH" when completing your purchase.
- ACCT # is your phone number.
- A PIN Code. The PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
Once you have ACTIVATED your new account, ROK Mobile will verify your customer ID and credit your payment card for a month of service.