H2O Wireless is updating all of its plans with quite a few changes. Select plans now have more data, dedicated hotspot, faster data speeds after a given plan's high-speed allotment gets used, international talk credits, and international roaming credits. Here's a list outlining what's changing with each individual plan.
- $20/month - 3GB high-speed data, up from 2GB. Will now include 2GB of dedicated hotspot data, $3 international talk credit, previously $1.50, new $5 international roaming credit
- $30/month - 10GB high-speed data, up from 6GB. Will now include 5GB of dedicated hotspot data, $10 international talk credit, previously $5, new $10 international roaming credit
- $40/month - 20GB high-speed data, up from 15GB. Will now include 5GB of dedicated hotspot data, $10 international talk credit, previously $5, new $10 international roaming credit
- $50/month - 40GB high-speed data, no change. Will now include 5GB dedicated hotspot, $10 international talk credit, previously $5
- $60/month - 60GB high-speed data, no change. Will now include 20GB dedicated hotspot data, $10 international talk credit, previously $5
Each plan includes unlimited data, but data speeds are reduced to 256Kbps once the plan's high-speed allotment has been surpassed during a monthly billing cycle. Previously, throttled data speeds were at 128Kbps. Hotspot is a new feature to every plan except the on the $60 plan. The $60 plan got a hotspot increase from 15GB to 20GB.
A flyer seen by BestMVNO highlighting the updated plans specified that each plan will now include dedicated hotspot. This would seem to indicate that hotspot data is a separate allotment and does not draw from each plan's high-speed data amount. BestMVNO has reached out to an H2O Wireless representative for clarification but did receive a response at press time. Update: An H2O Wireless representative confirmed to BestMVNO that the hotspot data allotment is in fact separate from each plan's on-device high-speed data allotment.
The plan updates will take place on June 30. Current customers will automatically be upgraded to the improved plans.
This is the second set of updates from H2O Wireless this year. Earlier, the $20-$40 plans were updated to include roaming credits in Canada and Mexico.
H2O Wireless is an AT&T MVNO and one of many providers that use AT&T's network for coverage. H2O Wireless plans are available for purchase online through the H2O Wireless website and through wireless dealers. The brand regularly places in the top five of Wave7 Research's multi-carrier prepaid wireless dealer quarterly surveys.