Gen Mobile Offers 300 Minutes And 1GB Data For $10/Month
Follow BestMVNO In Google News
Gen Mobile is a new wireless provider on the Sprint network. The business was co-founded in February of 2018 by Michael Yap, his brother Robert Yap and several others with experience in the telecom industry. Michael has a background in corporate law and serves as an executive at the company. Robert is the CEO and brings 15 years of expertise to the brand. Prior to launching Gen Mobile, Robert served as President and Chief Legal Officer (CLO) at TruConnect. He also served as an executive at H2O Wireless.
Gen Mobile soft-launched in July of 2018, and officially went live in August. The MVNO is focused on offering affordable phone plans that cost no more than $25/month with international texting included.
Gen Mobile Phone Plans
A total of six phone plans are currently offered by the company. The plans are as follows:
- $5/month - 0 minutes, unlimited domestic and international texting, no data.
- $10/month - unlimited talk, text and global texting. No data.
- $10/month - 300 minutes, unlimited domestic and global texting, 1GB of 4G LTE data.
- $15/month - unlimited domestic and global calling to over 100 countries. Unlimited and domestic global texting and 1GB 4G LTE data. Also includes a $2 international calling credit.
- $20/month - unlimited domestic and global calling to over 100 countries. Unlimited and domestic global texting and 2GB 4G LTE data. Also includes a $2 international calling credit.
- $25/month - unlimited domestic and global calling to over 100 countries. Unlimited and domestic global texting and 3GB 4G LTE data. Also includes a $2 international calling credit.
Taxes and fees cost extra. GenMobile is also charging a $25 activation fee
Add-ons are available for each plan priced at $5 for 500 minutes, $5 for a $5 international calling credit and $5 for 500MB of 4G LTE data.
Data containing plans do not include unlimited 2G data once the plans 4G LTE data gets used up. Data is hard capped. All plans with data include mobile hotspot.
All plans also include what Gen Mobile calls a "15 day text freebie." The text freebie offers subscribers the ability to send domestic and international text messages for up to 15 days after plan expiration. After that, if a plan fails to get paid for and renewed, service is suspended.
Plan Renewals And Payment Options
Plan renewal can be done by calling customers service or by using the Gen Mobile Care app which is available on both iOS and Android. Customers can also refill with cash through thousands of stores nationwide. You can call customer service at (833) 528-1380 to find a location near you.
The MVNO currently has stores that carry their product in California, Missouri, Nevada, and Arizona and has plans to expand nationwide.
Available Phones And BYOD
Gen Mobile has over a dozen phones available for purchase. All phones are pre-owned and sold locked to the Sprint network, however, they can be taken to other Sprint MVNO's. Available phones include the following:
- Alcatel GO Flip flip phone - $29
- LG G3- $59
- LG X Power - $69
- LG Stylo 3 - $69
- iPhone 6 16GB - $119
- iPhone SE 16GB $139
- iPhone 7 128GB - $339
- iPhone 5s 16GB - $49
- Samsung Galaxy S5 32GB - $109
- Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB - $149
- Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB - $209
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB - $269
- Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB - $339
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ - $469
- Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB - $569
The MVNO also supports bring your own device. Devices from Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile are supported. Some universally unlocked phones are also supported including Apple iPhones, Google Pixels, Nexus devices and several phones from Motorola.
Gen Mobile's phone plans aren't the cheapest around but they aren't far off and do compare favorably in the market place.
Follow @BestMVNO Twitter
Category Gen Mobile
Tagged New Provider 2018
Leave A Comment