FreedomPop has placed its GSM SIM kit on sale again for just 1¢. As always, ordering the penny SIM will also get you a free trial of FreedomPop's GSM service. FreedomPop's GSM service operates on AT&T's network.
FreedomPop's free trial offer with the one cent penny SIM features the following:
One month free trial of the Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual plan which includes:
- Unlimited talk and text
- 2 GB of LTE data
After the free trial, unless cancelled, you will be billed $71.94 every 6 months which works out to an average cost of $11.99/month.
Also part of the free trial is FreedomPop's Phone Premier Package which includes:
- Visual Voicemail
- Data Rollover - roll over your unused data and bank up to 20 GB for use anytime
- MMS Texting
- Data compression - get up to 2x your data with compression technology
- Internet security and antivirus protection for all your devices
- Private Internet - ensures your internet, voice calls & texts are secure and encrypted
- Ad Blocker - block intrusive ads, pop-ups, and video ads to enhance browsing
- FreedomPop Sponsor Ads Free Messaging - avoid banner ads in your messaging app
After the free trial, FreedomPop's Phone Premier package is billed every 6 months at a cost of $26.94.
Other features that FreedomPop likes to tout with this offer include the following:
- It is compatible with most unlocked GSM phones
- Customers can downgrade for a small one time fee to the free basic plan with 200 mins, 500 texts & 200 MB data each month
- Free unlimited calling & texting between FreedomPop Phones
- Wi-Fi calling and texting from anywhere
- Free international calling from over 60 countries
- Earn additional free data every month by adding friends
- Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers
Depending on where you live, you should be able to get this entire offer for just 1¢ total, including free shipping and no taxes. If you decide to keep all of FreedomPop's trial add-on's, you'll end up paying $98.88 every 6 months for the service. This works out to $16.48/month and makes FreedomPop one of the cheapest AT&T MVNO's to offer unlimited talk and text with at least 2 GB of data each month.
Keep in mind that FreedomPop is a VoIP provider which some people are not too fond of. VoIP services can sometimes add a little latency to phone calls. This means that sometimes when a subscriber speaks there may be a slight delay before the person on the other end of the line hears what was said. The delay works in both directions.
If your ok with that, give FreedomPop a try. It will only cost you a penny.