By Joe Paonessa Sep 27, 2017
With the Google Pixel 2 phones likely to launch next week, deals will likely start to pop up for the original devices. While not quite a deal, it was noted the other day that Google is hoping to sell more Pixels in anticipation of the launch through its phone trade in program, that will offer customers up to $388 for their old device.
Today only and while supplies last, WOOT! is currently selling the original Pixel, albeit refurbished, for as little as $349.99. Both the Pixel and Pixel XL are available as Verizon GSM unlocked devices. As of this writing, certain variants have already sold out, such as those in select colors.
The unlocked Verizon GSM variant is capable of working with every Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile MVNO in the USA that supports bring your own device.
Sprint MVNO's are not supported.
Both the Pixel and Pixel XL devices are of flagship quality and feature the following:
- 5" 1080p display (Pixel) or 5.5' 1440p display (Pixel XL)
- 2770 mAh battery (Pixel) or 3450 mAh (Pixel XL)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 821 2.15Ghz + 1.6Ghz, 64Bit Quad-Core processor with an Adreno™ 530 GPU
- Available with either 32 GB or 128 GB of internal storage
- 4 GB RAM
- 12.3 MP main camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and pixel size of 1.55 um for excellent low light performance
- 8 MP selfie camera with a pixel size of 1.4 µm and an aperture of f/2.4
- Guaranteed OS updates through 2019 and security updates through 2020
- Support for the following LTE bands
FDD LTE: B 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/28/29/30
TDD LTE: B 41
LTE 2xCA: B2+B2, B2+B4, B2+B5, B2+B12, B2+B13, B2+B17, B2+B29, B2+B30, B4+B4, B4+B5, B4+B7, B4+B12, B4+B13, B4+B17, B4+B29, B4+B30, B5+B30, B7+B7, B12+B30, B25+B25, B29+B30, B41+B41
LTE 3xCA: B2+B2+B12, B2+B2+B13, B2+B4+B4, B2+B4+B5, B2+B4+B12, B2+B4+B13, B2+B4+B29, B2+B5+B30, B2+B12+B30, B2+B29+B30, B4+B4+B12, B4+B4+B13, B4+B5+B30, B4+ B7+ B12, B4+B12+B30, B4+B29+B30, B41+B41+B41
Joe is the founder of BestMVNO.com. He started BestMVNO in 2013, because like many of you, he was unhappy with the high price he was paying his wireless provider for cell phone service. After researching how to cut costs on his phone bill, he came across the terms 'MVNO' and 'prepaid wireless', and learned there was a way he could keep using his favorite network without having to pay a premium price for it. Since then, through BestMVNO.com, Joe has been sharing his research about MVNOs and prepaid wireless so that others can learn how to save money on their own phone bills. Joe's current provider is T-Mobile Prepaid. For inquiries Contact JP