A few days ago T-Mobile MVNO Ultra Mobile unveiled some new plans for those of you that don't necessarily require a lot of international talk and text, something that the company specializes in, but rather favor having increased allotments of 4G LTE data. The plans are priced at $34 and $44 with the former being more competitively priced in the market. A summary of each is below.
[su_row][su_column size="1/2"]$34 Plan
Be informed of the latest deals, plans and promotions from T-Mobile and every one of its MVNO's when you subscribe to the T-Mobile weekly newsletter. No spam and you can unsubscribe at any time!
- 1000 minutes of talk to be used domestically and internationally to 10 countries
- 2 GB of 4G LTE Data
- Unlimited Global Text
[/su_column] [su_column size="1/2"]$44 Plan
- Unlimited domestic and international calls to 10 countries
- 2.5 GB of 4G LTE data
- Unlimited Global Text[/su_column] [/su_row]
Each plan includes unlimited data that gets throttled to 128kbps once its high speed data allotment is used up.
The countries that are included with international calling are:
- Canada, both landlines and mobile
- China, both landlines and mobile
- France, landlines and first 1000 minutes of mobile
- Israel, landlines and first 1000 minutes of mobile
- Mexico, landlines and mobile
- Portugal, landlines and first 1000 minutes of mobile
- Singapore, both landlines and mobile
- Thailand, both landlines and mobile
- United Kingdom, landlines and 5¢/min mobile
- Venezuela, landlines and 4¢/min mobile
To my eyes it looks like the $34 plan offers more value, unless of course you talk an awful lot, particularly to the places included in the international calling list. Otherwise $10 is a bit much for an extra 500 MB of LTE data. At the $34 price point there are just a handful of companies that offer this much 4G LTE data and virtually no others that include international calling to 10 countries.