By Joe Paonessa Aug 7, 2017
The new T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ plan includes unlimited talk, text and LTE data for $50/month for a single line, or $60/month for two lines. Taxes and fees are included in the price as is a $5 per line auto-pay discount.
|| See also: Comparison of family cell phone plans
Other features that come with T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ at little or no extra cost include the following:
- Simple Global: unlimited text and data roaming and low flat-rate calling in 140+ countries and destinations
- Mobile Without Borders: talk, text and data roaming at no extra cost while traveling in either Mexico or Canada
- Gogo Inflight: get unlimited texting all flight long and 1 free hour of smartphone Wi-Fi on all Gogo-equipped domestic flights
- DIGITS: use your T-Mobile number to call and text from your PC, or download the Digits app to call and text from any of your other mobile devices including tablets and phones
- Mobile Hotspot: connect all your devices to the internet with included tethering data
- T-Mobile Tuesdays: get free stuff every week from T-Mobile just for being a customer
T-Mobile said it had to release this new plan to fight back against AT&T and Verizon who own 81% of the market share in the 55+ age group while T-Mobile has only captured 8% of this particular market. This is in contrast to the overall 18% market share that T-Mobile owns, so it sees the 55+ crowd as an opportunity for growth.
"When this generation was getting their first phones, AT&T and Verizon were the only real options—and the Duopoly has been taking advantage of them ever since! Where the Duopoly sees another group to patronize and monetize, we see an opportunity to bring the Un-carrier revolution to more people not getting the service or respect they deserve"
-John Legere T-Mobile CEO
In order to qualify for the plan, you must have a valid ID. The plan will become available starting on August 9, and to sign up with it, you can either stop by your local T-Mobile store, give them a call at +1(855)-408-7784, or visit the T-Mobile website.