Straight Talk Wireless has launched a new advertising campaign. Wave7 Research is reporting that the MVNO began to air two new television ads on 4/29/19. One ad, shown below, urges wireless shoppers to "cut their bill in half with Straight Talk Wireless." The ad features Straight Talk Wireless's $45/month plan that includes unlimited talk, text, and data with the first 25GB at 4G LTE data speeds.
Deciphering the ads fine print, it can be seen that the offer is squarely aimed at AT&T and Verizon Wireless postpaid customers. The fine print says you can cut your bill in half in comparison to no contract, single line plans with unlimited talk, text, and data from the top two carriers. Verizon's postpaid top unlimited LTE/5G data plan is priced at $95/month with auto-pay billing enabled. AT&T's top unlimited LTE plan is priced at $80/month with auto-pay billing. So cutting your bill in half would be an accurate statement. However, both providers also have cheaper unlimited data plan options, including prepaid. AT&T's cheapest prepaid unlimited plan is just $55/month, while Verizon's is $65/month.
The other ad running urges shoppers to bring their phone to Straight Talk Wireless for service that is "up to 50% less" than the competition.
Straight Talk Wireless is one of several Tracfone brands owned by América Móvil. In the company's most recent quarterly financial report, América Móvil noted that it has over 21 million subscribers in the USA. Nearly half of those subscribers are due to the Straight Talk Wireless brand. The success of the brand can be in part attributed to the company's strong relationship with Walmart and its willingness to keep its brand name fresh in the minds of consumers through its advertising campaigns.
Straight Talk Phone Offers
Besides the new ad campaigns, Straight Talk is running and continues to run several phone offers.
- The LG Premier LTE and ALCATEL ONETOUCH® PIXI AVION™ LTE are being given away for free with a phone plan purchase
- The ZTE ZFIVE 2 is discounted to $19.99, regularly priced at $49.99.
- The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus are available for $149.99 and $199.99 respectively
- The Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown is on sale for $99 or $7.30/month with financing, regular price is $149.99
- The Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit is available for $59.99, regularly priced at $99.99
- IPhone 6S is available reconditioned for $99.99 or $7.30/month with financing
- LG Stylo 4 is $149.99 or $9.59/month with financing, regularly priced at $199.99
- Iphone 7 reconditioned is available for $199.99 or $11.88/month with financing, regularly priced at $249.99