Samsung's latest and greatest flagship devices, the Galaxy S9 and S9+, were officially announced today. Cricket Wireless sent out a short press release immediately after that announcement to notify the public that it will be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S9.
Cricket Wireless stated that the device will be available at select retail stores and online beginning on March 16th. The AT&T owned prepaid brand has not stated if there will be any special pricing at launch. However, expectation is that the price won't be any higher than $719.99, as that is the price that Samsung is shipping an unlocked variant direct to consumers for.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Highlights
- 5.8-inch Quad HD + Curved Super AMOLED 570ppi display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Quad-core Processor
- Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP AF sensor with OIS and dual aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4)
- 8MP f/1.7 selfie camera
- 64 GB internal storage for base model, up to 256 GB expandable with a microSD card
- 4 GB RAM
- 3000 mAh battery with quick charge 2.0 and wireless charging
- USB type c
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor with blood pressure monitoring
- Android 8.0 with touchwiz
Those in need of a new phone and looking to switch over to Cricket Wireless, may want to give their deal on the Samsung Galaxy S8 serious consideration. The ATT based provider is currently selling the Samsung Galaxy S8 for just $350.